Contact Information:

Franklin, TN

615-416-2183

capturedimagesbyandrea@yahoo.com



Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jumping in with both feet

Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down. 
~ Ray Bradbury

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. 
~T.S. Eliot

So the day I ordered my new camera, my friend, a wonderful and gifted photographer, contacts me to say she had her first wedding to shoot.  "We could DO this!"  she said to me.  Naturally, my first thoughts was..."No way!  I don't even have my camera yet and I'm going to assist at the most special day of someone's life?!"  In fact, funny how God works sometimes, but I had actually made it quite clear I was NOT going to shoot weddings if I started doing this for a living.  Too much pressure.  If you miss the moment, it's gone.  SUCH a special day, I don't want to mess it up.  But, in a manner completely uncharacteristic to my old self, I found myself saying, "Sure, I'm in."

And the experience was a complete joy!  Talk about a rush! :)  I totally felt in my element and loved meeting the bride, the groom, the wedding party, being a part of immortalizing the day for them.  And the beauty...wow.  I was so honored to be let in on the beauty of this day.







If you want to see more of this stunning day, I've posted a larger number of the wedding pictures on my Facebook page.  (Just click on the link above to go there). 

And here's to taking risks!

No comments:

Post a Comment